the web home of Medieval Europe: A Short History
Medieval History in the News
Thanks for visiting the website for Medieval Europe: A Short History. You'll find lots of useful resources here--bibliographies, web links, maps, timelines, and more. You'll also find some stuff that is just plain fun. My personal favorite is Amusing Links and Other Medieval Pleasures. I hope this website will help you and entertain you.
Judith M. Bennett
(Professor of History, University of Southern California)
- General Resources is packed with links and information about the Middle Ages.
- Chapters takes you to bibliographies, internet links, maps, timelines, and other resources, organized by chapter.
- Maps offers you downloadable images of all the maps used in the 11th edition of Medieval Europe: A Short History.
- Timelines gives you downloadable images of all the timelines used in the 11th edition of Medieval Europe: A Short History.
- Cover tells you about the image on the textbook cover.
- Citations provides you with references for every quote contained in the textbook.
- Test Yourself provides multiple choice questions for each chapter.
- Understanding Your Professor offers a brief introduction to how History works.
- Instructors offers tips for teachers.
- Retired Materials reproduces some items removed from the latest edition.
- Textbook takes you to information about this venerable, much-loved book and its authors.
If you are an instructor and would like to order an examination copy of the textbook, start here.
McGraw-Hill hosts a separate website for this textbook. It offers suggestions for teachers and sample tests for students.
Many thanks to Kristen Geaman, Janelle Werner, and Joshua Westgard for their good advice at the beginning.